Thursday, December 10, 2009

Reflection

My Reflection of English 111





This semester in English 111 I have completed some essays that I am proud of, and maybe one or two I wish I would have spent more time on. None the less it was a success just to make it through a semester. English was never my strong point, and I have not seen the inside of an English book since nineteen-ninety four, so I can not begin to express the height of my anxiety about taking this class. I knew once I walked in that room I was all in, and that I was going to be committed. “Which reminds me I didn’t even go to English class when I was in high school, I was committed to not going and would just leave the school.”

Honestly I’m glad it is required because I needed the swift kick, and no better way to fight some old demons than to hit English 111 up first, no need to put it off until later. I enjoyed all the essays I wrote this semester, and enjoyed the ability to decide the subjects of the essays. Beginning the semester with the option to write about a favorite road trip, man the brain cells burned thinking about those days and then to use the experience as an essay, it was great. I was sure to send links to the friends who I took the trip with so that they could see what I had written, they appreciated the memories. With that being said the trip and know the essay as well as the class that prompted me to write the essay with always be a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment